There are several ways on treating breast cancer. Treatment for breast cancer depends on the kind of breast cancer and how far it has spread. Most of the time, people diagnosed with breast cancer get more than one kind of treatment.
Below are the different kinds of breast cancer treatment
- Hormonal therapy- Prevents cancer cells from receiving the hormones they need to grow.
- Surgery- operation where the doctors remove cancer tissue.
- Radiation therapy- doctors will use high-energy rays same with x-rays to kill the cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy- The use of special medicines to shrink or kill cancer cells. The drugs can either be pills or medicines put in the veins.
- Biological therapy- Works with the body’s immune system in order to help fight cancer or control side effects from other cancer treatments.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Complementary medicine is used to add in standard treatments, while alternative medicine is used instead of the typical treatments. Some examples are yoga, vitamins, meditation and herbs.
Most of these medicines are not yet proven to be safe, hence talking to the specialist is recommended before starting any kind of complementary or alternative medicine.
It is hard to define which is the correct treatment for the patient. It is best to talk to the physician or specialist about the treatment options available for the type and stage of cancer. Also, some people are getting second opinion to other doctor, which can define the right treatment.
Image by Medindia